Our original area of specialism, the aim is to recreate people’s buying situations and context so that the packaging changes can be seen to work against the competitive set.
Our expert tool kit includes:
We work with our clients and their design teams to understand the desired response to a new or improved design and then ensure the research is tailored to identify how and how well it’s working in the hearts and minds of the people that matter most – current and potential buyers.
Our design research toolkit includes:
- Creative workshops
- Individual interviews
- One day solution sequential recycling groups
BRAND HEALTH AND STRATEGY RESEARCH
Our approach to researching brand health focuses on getting to the root of our client’s brand reality in the minds of real people, to identify the brand’s Fame and Force metrics and work out where there are gaps with the ambition of the brand blueprint.
Our research toolkit includes:
INNOVATION AND CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT RESEARCH
Understanding whether new ideas, products or services will work requires an understanding of decision making drivers, of people’s motivations and expectations and a focus on identifying where the concept is different and better than the alternatives using blended methodologies and gamification. Wherever possible we recommend research in context – simulating usage and a competitive set.
Our Innovation and concept development toolkit includes:
- Rocket-Fuel: intensive concept development
- Turbo-Sprint: one day solution sequential recycling groups
- Online concept testing research
- Quali Quant clinics
- Tangible QuickQual
- In-home and central location test research
- Co-creation workshops
SHOPPER AND GUEST EXPERIENCE RESEARCH
In store, restaurant and hotel experience is best understood in two dimensions: in real time and recalled from memory. The differences between the two can be significant and illuminating.
Our shopper and guest research includes:
- Dine-a- longs and shop-a-longs: accompanied research
- Real-Deal: promotion research
- Real-Estate: store segmentation
Real-Eyes Shopper Research:
- Eye-Witness (in-store observation, interception and exit)
- Eye-Sight (eye tracking and navigation tests)
- Fresh-Eyes (category reviews)
COMMUNICATIONS AND SOCIAL RESEARCH
Brand communications are best researched first amongst individuals, as awareness, comprehension and affinity are all personal responses. We can then scale up research to measure how they influence group and mass behaviour and attitudes at aggregated audience levels.
Our communications research toolkit includes:
- Click-a-long: accompanied surfing and usage research
- Indicomm sequential depth interviews
- Online concept tests
- Individual Mind-Mining
- Tangible QuickQual
- Box-Watch: viewing observation